Wednesday, October 14, 2009

'Look Ma! No hands!'

As many of you know, about a month and a half ago, I was doored on Main Street. Shoe exploded, beer opened on impact, bent front wheel, numerous cuts and bruises, the guy's door no longer works, but my camera miraculously lived. All and all, not bad considering I didn't fly off the front into traffic and drunken returning students.
I've been meaning to post these; my parents wanted to see the current state of my bike and were also questions the new scars I acquired since last i saw them.

Hip. Bruise is so badass.


Elbow.

Front wheel; tough to shot but you get the idea. It's pretty fucked.



And my bike! Fresh coat of Dr. Seuss-esque paint and new wheels and tires. Thanks to Games' incredible bicycle skills, it is almost completely reassembled (it just need brakes). And I cannot wait to get it on the road!

2 comments:

Ro said...

Glad to hear you're healing and your bike is feeling the love.

Cycling accidents are the worst... I just posted the update on mine that started way back in March: pre-surgery (http://find-color.blogspot.com/2009/10/black-holes-and-rainbow-butts.html) and post-surgery (http://find-color.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-gross-therefore-i-am.html). Thought you might be interested.

Kait said...

HOLY CRAP
I'm glad you're okay!