Thursday, February 25, 2010

life life LIFE! exploding everywhere

I have been absent from the blogger-sphere..or whatever..for the last few weeks. With winter session petering out and the continuing for an extra week thanks to Snowpocalypse 2010 things have been pretty crazy. I got way to used to my wonderful amounts of free time this winter and spring has been repeatedly kicking me in the ass thus far.

Homegrown show goes up in 4 days...4 freaking days! So naturally, I am on the verge on insanity worrying that I am not going to be ready. However, I know that this is not true, as all my work will be done by tomorrow, I have not 1 but 2 wonderful friends with large cars willing to drive my work and my ass there. So breathing.... I'll have 12 paintings on display. I would post them, but then you wouldn't have any reason to go out and see the show.

I am also staring into the abyss of my last semester of college (not real! not real!). I'm taking Senior Studio (a class that will give me that chance to work on my thesis), Detection of Art Forgeries (online, unorganized, and fairly easy), Climate and Life (lab science and insulting simplistic but require little to no work), and Senior Thesis (which I should probably start writing).
I also officially started my new job with UD bar tending. I worked my first event yesterday and it turned out to be super easy, totally low pressure, and I got fed!

Ben has been accepted to University of Rochester (wooooot! my smart lil babeo!). We are going to visit next weekend. He has also sorts of Chemistry seminars and social events to attend. I'm going to check out Rochester's First Friday loop and spend the weekend exploring the town that will soon be my home. Hopefully look for art spaces, potential jobs, apartments, and maybe RIT. I am super excited! I think I am really going to like the city.

After all my Homegrown work is done, I will start cracking down on my Senior Thesis work and also prepare for my Luke's Kitchen show in April. It'll be featuring photos from Vietnam and will be much easier to prepare for than Homegrown (phew!)

That's not all that's been going on lately, but it's everything worth mentioning I guess.
Keep an eye out for new work and please check out current work at Homegrown, starting on Monday March 1st!

No comments: