Wednesday, September 29, 2010

OMG I PAINTED TODAY!!





Can you tell I'm EXCITED!?!?!
I started this painting...over the summer? I think..
The usual process, built up some modeling past and had laid down some faint water based oils. When back in today with some cheapo acrylic paint and some spackle. I'd like to get some more spackle, work some more thick texture in there. Liking where the color is going thus far, but the red is starting to take over a bit.
I'm really glad to just have a space (albeit small) to work. It felt really great to painting tonight.
I also had an undergrad from RIT come over and take shots of me working...she's doing a project on local artists, making work, struggling to work towards their passions, etc. It was fun; she was real cool and it was nice to talk about art. Hopefully I'll have some of her pictures to incorporate with my blog/website.

Hopefully more progress to come...and more spackle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh it looks amazing i always loved the kind of paintings you can touch and feel their tops