Thursday, August 14, 2008

Intersection: Fire and Air


As mentioned before, this is the first of what may or may not be a series of experiments with this composition. As far as painting technique, this one was done in a much more free-formed, expressive manner. The paint got a lot drippier and much less controlled, but I still think it works really well.
As far as colour choice, the red and the yellow are meant to represent two elements: fire and air, which are two complementary elements. The black and the white are meant to represent two opposite ends of a spectrum, whether colour, spiritual, or whatever you want it to be. The composition is again something I saw during an experience and what I interpreted to be the central intersection of an infinity.
Although it is the first of a series of experiments, I think it was a successful piece. It was also a gift for my boyfriend, Ben, who happened to share the said experience with me. He seems to love it and that what really mattered in the end anyway.

-a

No comments: