Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Break: A bit of NYC

Over the holidays, I visited NYC for about a day. One night I hung out with James and then the following day (Monday) I got pumped to check out some galleries. Unfortunately, no one was open because it was (a) a Monday and (b) during the holiday season. But I did get to see some cool stuff, if only in passing.

This stand at the Union Square Market isn't really art related, but I though it was real funny.


The only open gallery I found actually had a Robert Rauschenberg exhibit up! I'm not a huge Rauschenburg fan, but I do love stumbling into Chelsea galleries and finding that someone really well known is hanging on the walls (and that admission is free). I would have taken some pictures inside, but I got the impression that the guards taken me out.


No idea who this is. Probably that lady crouched down on the wall. It was on the wall of a dance studio lobby. Definitely more my style.


Street art in Chelsea, even featuring some Jeff Soto.

No comments: