Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Retrospective Begins... Vietnam: Day 1

Itinerary:
Day 1 (Sunday, Jan 4, 09): Hanoi arrival (GP)
Arriving at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi at 10:25pm. (Korean Air 683), we'll be met and driven to our hotel. Overnight in Hanoi.

Journal:
4 Jan. 2009 1:49am Hanoi, Vietnam
We have arrived! After the longest day or two days of traveling ever. One 14 hour plane ride, one 6 hour plane ride and 40 minutes to the hotel and here we are. Granted, we haven't seen much beyond the hotel, but I am excited to see the city tomorrow. I am hoping for a good night's sleep, although I am currently not tired and this first night without cuddles,...and Ben in a very long time. I am not too worried, but I do miss him already.
Off to bed, until tomorrow...

Looking back....
That's pretty much how that day went. I almost went insane during the flight. It was actually 16 hours, I don't know why I wrote 14. We almost lost someone in the airport after baggage claim, that was fun and totally ridiculous. Getting there was exciting, but we had no idea what we were in for.

Random shot of the day: the crazy street of Hanoi.











Good shot of the day: I think this was a house on Cat Ba.

No comments: