Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vietnam: Day 7

Day 7 (Saturday, Jan 10, 09): Ha Long- Class Session (B)
Art 382: Alternative Process Session.

10 Jan 2009 11:09pm Ha Long City
I'm not really sure where to begin here. It really has been one of the least productive, most frustrating days of the trip so far. We got into the city last night, showered, washed clothes and slept in our first beds for days. The bed was great. The shower was better. Ange and I over slept breakfast this morning because my alarm clock apparently doesn't work correctly. Amiee, James and Sophie went to the hospital with P because they are sick, so the class session for today was postponed and then cancelled. Turned out, P's feet are swollen to twice their original size and she can barely walk. So tomorrow morning it is likely that she will leave the group to get treated in Hanoi. So, needless to say, there was some general tension and concern running through the group regarding that. However, its probably going to be fine. We get on the boat for the island tomorow and we'll be with the same guide we've been with and we'll just be able to shoot......And, especially after such a pain in the ass, frustrating day I really miss Ben. I just wish I had the one person in the universe who could really make me believe that everything wold be alright just through love and cuddles. I don't know what to do with myself for the rest of the night. I don't really feel like going down to P's and looking at photos, I'm not sure if I'm tired....eh, I don't know.

Looking back....
Yea, wasn't a great day. We literally had to convince P to go to the doctor. We also had a crit were we looked though most people's 500 photos; that was totally ridiculous. Although, she did like a lot of my shots, which was good. Other than that...oh yea, a few people got Vietnamese pizza for lunch that day and I tasted it. Bad decision. Toppings, not bad. But the crust was some hard, nasty flat bread. Very bad.

random photo:


















good photo:

No comments: