Friday, April 3, 2009

Vietnam: Day 23

Day 23 (Monday, Jan 26, 09): Hoi An free (B)
Free day!
Art382: Alternative Photographic Processes, 3 credits
The days will be free for strolling in the town, lazing on the beach, or whatever takes your fancy. You'll spend the night in Hoi An.
Thse are the first days of Lunar New Year in Vietnam which is the most important event of the year so most shops, restaurants are closed. However, we'll send you the list of restaurants for your convenience.

26 Jan. 2009 12:13pm outside of Hoi An
Journal switch-temporary or permanent? undecided
I'm not really sure where my head has been over the past few days or why, I just can't seem to get thing straight in my head; sometimes I'm fine, sometimes I'm pissed, and sometimes I want to cry. I can't pinpoint a moment from the past few days (since we got to this new hotel) when I've been happy, or even contented, with what I am doing. Save maybe biking and being in Hoi An with James and Emily yesterday. I just feel very frustrated with various things and/or life overall.
....
I also think I'm getting homesick and kinda tired of being here. I really am looking forward to going home next week. I really have been counting down the days. I'm just tired of moving around constantly. I miss Ben. I'm sick of worrying about getting screwed over with grades.
We are all sitting around this stupid hotel pool because there really isn't anything else better to do. Everything is closed because of Lunar New Year. All this anxiety is probably because we haven't done anything in 3 days and I can't get any real time alone, or alone when I get the rare chance to talk to Ben, or alone to talk to James. I just need some outlet to get somethings off my chest. We have another 2 nights here.
I have barely been sleeping, or just getting really bad sleep. I think part of it is SB. Ange and I got caught in the triple with her so Evan could have his own room. She's always "sleeping" but not really sleeping because she "wakes up" at the drop of a hat. She spends the whole night awaking coughing, drinking soda, burping and eating. She doesn't understand that just because we are in a room together that we don't have to be having constant conversation. And by conversation, I mean her personal monologue.
I had a lot of really weird, vivid dreams the other night. Staring out with me being mad at James, and then moving into a long, fictional plot that lasted all night, even after I woke up the hundred time I woke up in the middle of the night. I bailed on going out with everyone last night because my stomach hurt and I started feeling anxious. I then slept for 3 hours, got woken up by SB's coughing or soda drinking or some nonsense and then went back to bed 2 hours later.
I don't really know what to do. I am really looking forward to going home.

Looking back...
This was, undoubtedly, my lowest day. The stagnation of the past 3 days was wearing on me and I was just really bored and frustrated. Plus I couldn't get any damn sleep or privacy. James and I went for a walk some time after this entry...it was nice to just talk and walk with a good friend. I think I was also feeling shitty because everyone else had there person and I was left with the group tag-a-along at any moment possible.
Whatever, its one day. Things get better from here. Not a whole lot more to say about this day.

random photo:
good photo:

No comments: