Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vietnam: Day 24

Day 24 (Tuesday, Jan 27, 09): Hoi An free (B)
Class session in morning. Overnight in Hoi An.
Art 487: Vietnam Location Photography, 3 credits;
Art 382: Alternative Photographic Process, 3 credits

27 Jan 2009 afternoon
Well, there are still more pages in the other journal but now that I've moved on to this one, I might as well keep it up.
Yesterday go a lot better. James and I went on a walk and I was able to get some stuff off my chest. We talked about my very awkward SB situation...
As far as the rest of yesterday, it was fairly uneventful. I worked on some of my photos in photoshop and started titling things so I could keep up with the organization. Then we slowly all banned together to walk to Hoi An in search of food. Half the group ended up going someplace more expensive and me, James, Rachel and Griffin went someplace that ended up being a cheap disappointment. It was priced about the same as Stop and Go across the street and about half the food. And, as usual, it took over an hour to get our food. Whatever.
Then, the four of us, along with some others before they went out, chipped away at the bottle of booze James and I had purchased in Ha Long City. It tasted weird; I think it was made of dragon seimen. And it made James puke in the middle of the night and my shit was very dark brown. Gross.
This morning/afternoon has been pretty quite. We all ate as much as we could for breakfast over the course of 2 hours. Stole food, used the internet and went to the beach. We biked. It's really windy today, which never makes for a great beach day. Plus all the locals kept staring st us and taking pictures of us. A large group of teenage boys surrounded Andrea so they could have their picture taken with her and then did the same to Hannah. James tried to shoo the spectual and then they started posing for him. And someon was poking him. It was totally bazaar. Then we left.
I've been reading the Sacred and The Profane all day. I figure I might as well enjoy our last day of freedom while I can. We'll meetin back up with P and Sophie tomorrow. I'm glad for Sophie, but I'm not looking forward to the rest of the time with P. She's going to try to squeeze in all the alternative processes and fuck it up and just be a crazy bitch. At least it's only a week.
I am honestly looking forward to being home, even with how amazing this all has been. Oh!, also talked to Ben finally today. He was wonderful and cute and so babeo! I can't wait to cuddle him soon.
Okay, I'm going to head into town with James. Until later.

Looking back...
Shit's about to hit the fan. Again.

random photo:
good photo:

No comments: