Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vietnam: Day 25

Day 25 (Wednesday, Jan 28, 09): Hoi An/Danang/Nha Trang/Dalat (B, GP)
Free morning until our car and driver arrive to take us to Danang airport, 09.40-10.45 flight (VN335) to Nha Trang. On arrival, a car and driver will take us to Dalat. We'll spend the night in Dalat.

28 Jan 2009 5:27pm
I think if I were to describe the events of this trip to people, I would have to write a novel and tell them to read it....
(This is the first and only time I am going cut a serious event from this considering how sensitve and crazy the topic is. Let's just say some shit went down involving drugs, it was bad new bears, half of us didn't sleep (I didn't sleep at all the night before) and it all turned out fine. There are just too many names I don't need to reveal and too many details I've relived countless times)
So this morning we took a plane in Nha Trang. I slept on the van, on the plane and on the 5 hours bus ride to Dalat. On the bus, after the plance, I found out that I (and only me) am scheduled to take off on a completely different flight from everyone else for the next flight into Ho Chi Minh City. So, what the fuck. Then we had a shitty lunch that we had no choice in and had to pay for out of pocket. Then we found out that S is not doing well...
She was having trouble breathing, so P took her back to the hospital....and thought it would be best to airlift her to Bangkonk, to get the best possible care in, I suppose, Asia. So her and P are now in Thiland and we probably won't see either one of them until we return to the states. And P had to convince study abroad to let her go with S because of last night's events.
Espeically with the severe lack of sleep, I feel like by life is a movie I am watching and acting in at the same time. I can't believe everything that has happened on this trip. It's like watching a movie or a dream or sometimes a nightmare. I am praying that the next week goes well....With everything that's happened, being in this country is starting to make me feel anixous, like I need to be constantly looking out for everything. Everytime I think about these events or write about them or talk about them. I still cannot believe it. It's really like being stuck in a film.
Tomorrow we are supposed to have a full guided day on motorbikes through Dalat. Rachel talked to the tour companty and everything has been confirmed. We are still waiting for conformation on my plane ticket. I'm also going to have my plane ticket home double checked, because at this point, you never know.
I am seriously going to write a novel or something about this shit.

Looking back....
I can't believe this happened. This was the most frustating day. That night for dinner, our only 2 options were either really expensive or really confusing. Everyone was pissed. I was so tired from not sleeping the night before and freaking out because I was one different flight. It was just....unbelievable. All of it. I don't even know.

random photo:
good photo:

No comments: